Eating Healthy on a Budget

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Delicious Low-Cal Peanut Butter Cookies




I found this recipe on recipezaar.com. The original recipe called for low-calorie peanut butter (which I never have) and egg whites (which I think is a waste of an egg unless you are having cholesterol problems). So I tweaked slightly and re-calculated the calories and each cookie has only 104 calories! Finding a low-cal peanut butter cookie has been a challenge because peanut butter is anything but low-cal! This makes 36 smaller cookies, but it's worth it. Amazing taste and good portions.

Cream:
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter (I like crunchy)

Add & Mix until fluffy:
1 Egg
2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix in:
1 cup flour
1 cup ground oats
1/2 tsp baking soda

Place tablespoons full on ungreased baking sheets. Cook in preheated oven at 325 for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment