Eating Healthy on a Budget

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crepes! Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner!

There is a local restuarant that my husband and I enjoy that serve all sorts of crepes! They have breakfast and lunch/dinner crepes. On a whim I made some crepes from a recipe I got from my cousin Megan and grilled up some chicken for a fiesta style crepe. It was GREAT! I will definitely get more creative with the fillings, but for now here is the crepe recipe. Let me know if you tried something of your own.

Crepes
Mix:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tbls sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbls melted butter

Fiesta Crepe:
1 grilled chicken breast
1 tbls salsa seasoning
1 cup salsa
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion
chives and sour cream for toppings


Apple Crepe:
Melt in pan..
1 tbls butter
Add and cooke for 3 mins...
3 apples cubed
Sprinkle with and cook for 5 mins...
3 tbls sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Add and cook for 2 minutes...
1/4 cup apple juice

No comments:

Post a Comment